An Announcement to the Kurdistan Community Overseas
In order to provide the right to vote to the Kurdistani voters who live abroad, the Kurdistan’s Independent High Elections and Referendum Commission will provide two different links for the voters. The voters can vote on 23, 24 and 25. The voters can directly register and vote online at e-voting.krd
. The link is made available on the Commission’s homepage.
In order to register and vote successfully, you must meet the following criteria:
A. You must be a citizen of Kurdistan region and Kurdistani territories that are not organized under KRG, and you must now reside out of Iraq.
B- You must be over 18 years of old.
C. Your name must be in the Second Database of the commission, which depends on the Iraqi Citizenship (Jinsyah).
Registration and Voting Steps:
1. You can register and vote on Sept 23, 24, 25 on e-voting.krd
on the Commission’s homepage.
2. Upon entering your full name, name of the governorate/province of origin, and the Iraqi Jinsyah number, you will receive an SMS which contains a password consisting of numbers. Upon entering the password, the website will take you to the next steps.
3. In order to facilitate the processes of registration and voting for the Kurdistani voters, educational materials on registration and voting are made available on the KHEC’s website in Kurdish, Arabic, and English.
4. Any voter who is already registered, there is no need to re-register by using the aforementioned link, he/she can vote on 23.
5. For more information on voting process for Kurdistanis who live abroad, please visit KHEC’s website: khec.krd