Diplomatic Internship (Summer)
Kurdistan Regional Government Representation in the US
The Kurdistan Regional Government Representation in the U.S. (KRG-US) is seeking candidates currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs for a full-time or part-time internship for the summer (May-August). The KRG Representation in the U.S. works to develop, deepen, and strengthen Kurdistan’s political, economic and cultural interests in the United States. The KRG-US provides up-to-date, comprehensive information on Iraqi Kurdistan and a visible, accessible presence for all questions, communications, and opportunities for American institutions and policymakers. This is an unpaid internship.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Attending think tank events and Congressional hearings relevant to Iraqi Kurdistan
- Writing analytical summary reports about panel discussions, legislation, and publications
- Assisting with planning and coordinating KRG delegation visits to the U.S.
- Assist with planning KRG events
- Creating content for the official website and social media sites
- Overseeing the reception desk and providing administrative support to all members of the KRG-US office
- Completing special projects as needed, including independent research on topics relevant to the Kurdistan Region of Iraq
How to Apply:
- Must be currently enrolled in a BA or MA program
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills (detail-oriented and ability to multi-task)
- Strong research skills
- Strong computer skills (specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to work independently and with others
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample (2-3 pages maximum) to email@example.com
. If you are NOT a U.S. citizen or resident, please explain your visa status
. Please write “KRG-US Internship”
in the subject heading of the email.
Locations: 1532 16TH ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC, 20036 US.
Please send application by April 21, 2017 or until the position is filled.